...

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Random Oscar Musings

Angelina Jolie is apparently as batty as a rabid wombat but, it's like... um, how shall I put this...

who the fuck cares?

Two of the five nominees for best picture feature gay folks- Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps can sputter all they like but the writing's on the wall...

Judi Dench is a wonderfully talented actress, but she's beginning to become the Jack Nicholson of the X-chromosone community- Jack now plays Jack overplaying Jack. Judi has started up that alley...

Philip Seymour Hoffman is the Michael Caine of our generation, and I mean that as a compliment.

George Clooney is the Alan Alda of our generation, and I do not mean that as a compliment.

Frances McDormand is a great actress.

As is Felicity Huffman.

I hope this is the last Oscar show that Jon Stewart hosts. It's not that I dislike him- I like him a lot. But my greatest hope is that he will say things completely offensive and outrageous about the Patriot Act and Bush and the state of the nation in general which will cause more of a furor than the SuperBlow's "Wardrobe Malfunction" episode and make the White House and FCC demand that he be yanked from the job, to much public furor...

Alternately, I just hope he's funny and I can stay awake.

No comments: