...

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Problem with Tommy

Phoebe was talking about ghost parties which made me think of this little ditty, which I found in my archives. I showed it to a few people and got some strange looks, but you all know I'm odd, so big deal.

The Problem with Tommy

The problem with Tommy is he's not really there.
He's not playing a fiddle while rocking your chair,
he's not dancing a jig as he tousels your hair;
or screeching with glee as he flies through the air.

For he died last October,
when the maples stood bare,
while taunting a knife thrower
at the West County Fair...



So despite how he protests, and howls and declares,
and races stark naked through the busy town Square,
and despite how he chills you with his icy-cold glare,
The real problem with Tommy, is he's not really there.

1 comment:

Phoebe Fay said...

Why in the world would that cause strange looks? It seems by far one of the more normal things you post. And I like it and may steal it sometime.