...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Let's Play Two


This is my 100th blog post here since I began in late December. Isn't that frightening? I was wondering what to do to celebrate. I still am.

Maybe I'll go find a picture of Condi as Catwoman.

Meanwhile, it turns out that George Bush's former top Domestic Policy Advisor has been arrested for stealing from Target. When I first heard the story I thought, "oh, poor guy, shoplifting is often a cry for help", and all that crap. but there's more to the story.

Turns out what he was doing was very clever. He would buy an expensive item, pay for it with his credit card, and go home with the item, the bag and the receipt. He would then return to the store with the bag and receipt in his pocket, take an identical item off the shelf when nobody was watching and stick it in the bag. He'd then trot over to the Refund counter and "return" it, and get his money back. He eventually screwed Target out of about 5 grand.

Now I know some of you out there are going to make nasty comments about him just doing to Target privately what he and the rest up on Bush Hill have been doing to the country for years... well shame on you! I think this story shows the incredible zeal, originality and Post-Moral Consciousness the Bushies have brought to government. It's this kind of thinking that has got our country where it is today!

God Help, I mean God Bless, America.

And God Help The Beloved Leader.

Achoo.

3 comments:

jgodsey said...

anything for you baby
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mdrury/condi_catwoman.jpg

Phoebe Fay said...

Congrats on the 100th post!

And isn't it nice to see that there's some good that comes from all those financial records that corporations like to keep and that our gummint likes to peek at?

Forrest Proper said...

ckw- I know, it's one of those "well, duh! why didn't I think of that?" moments. On the other hand- it didn't work. He's going to jail. The sobering thought is that there are criminals out there doing stuff that we will never know about; they are the really clever ones, and we know they are really clever because -they don't get caught-.

Dik Cheney, for instance.

gods- that's just sick. Sorta hot, but sick.

phebes- you bet! And here I was, making fun of all that spying.

He was probably lucky he fucked Target. If it was WalMart they'd probably just have shot him and left him in an alley somewhere.