...

Monday, February 06, 2006

Stones too cocky for ABC...

Well, it was as bad, if not worse, than I had feared. Not only did the “hope I die before I get old” boys embarrass themselves and their entire generation by hopping around like geriatric Energizer bunnies on the Super Bowl stage last night, but ABC network (one assumes at the behest of the FCC) embarrassed themselves by censoring not one, but two of the Stones 3 songs. OK, “You’d make a dead man cum” is a little racy, though how many people who don’t know the line already (and would presumably not be offended) would really catch what was being sung? But now we can’t have any mention of male chickens on the public airwaves? I did not catch it, but Undercover .com reports “The line from their current song ‘Rough Justice’ seemed to have had audio problems just as Mick was about to sing the word “cocks”. The lyrics go “once upon a time I was your little red rooster/now I’m just one of your cocks”..

Oh for God’s sake… Double meanings aren't allowed now? The folks at the FCC just have dirty minds, that's all there is to it.

No comments: