...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dik Cheney's Hunting Song

OK, just one more.

With apologies to Tom Leher...

My story isn’t scary,
'Twas just this February,
I went out to hunt some game,
‘Cause to not kill is a shame.
I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow:
Two reporters, seven liberals, and a feminist from NOW.

I was in no mood to trifle,
I took down my trusty rifle
And went out to stalk my prey.
What a haul I made that day!
I tied them to my fender, and I drove them home somehow:
Two reporters, seven liberals, and a feminist from NOW.

The law was very firm, it
Took away my permit,
The worst punishment ever known to man.
It turned out there was a reason,
liberals were out of season,
And the feminist was someone named “Friedan”.

People ask me how I do it,
And I say "There's nothin' to it,
You just stand there lookin' cute,
And when something moves, you shoot!"
And there's ten stuffed heads in my trophy room right now:
Two reporters, seven liberals, and a feminist from NOW.

1 comment:

Catalyst said...

No apologies needed to Lehrer.
Nice work, Colonel Colonel.