Yesterday Mike tagged me for this meme, and as Catalyst had already tagged me for a similar meme a week ago, I finally have to
The rules, which you've probably already seen elsewhere, are-
1 Link the person who has tagged you.
2 Tell seven true things about yourself.
3 Tag seven new people.
4 Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it.
Anyone who thinks
1. I'm inordinately proud, for no good reason, of being left-handed.
2. My favorite piece of music in the entire world is Bedrich Smetna's 'The Moldau' (Vltava) part of his 'My County' (Ma Vlast) symphonic poem.
3. I love cooking and have bookcases full of cookbooks, but am mentally unable to actually follow a recipe. I skim cookbooks with an ingredient in mind, looking for ideas, and then wing it.
4. I cannot deal with having people behind me. At auctions I always sit in the last row, against the back wall. When I'm sitting at my desk and someone stands behind me to look at the computer screen it freaks me out.
5. Most people are "working on a novel" -I've actually written full two (unpublished) novels and two screenplays. The novels were
6. One of my bookselling sub-specialties is books and other materials on historic funeral customs, epitaphs, gravestones and mourning. My wife delights in introducing me at parties as "The Death Guy".
7. I took my SATs in my sophmore year of high school, graduated in three years and took a "year off" before college, and then never went. I fell into bookselling (there's no other way to get into bookselling) and have been doing it ever since.