Tuesday, July 31, 2007
10 Little Things-
There are plenty of things in the world that are REALLY upsetting- war, pestilence, illiteracy, arrogance, willful stupidity & Donald Trump, for instance. But then there are those little things we encounter each day which are tiny on the Cosmic Scale, but annoy us anyway. I humbly offer my own list; please feel free to contribute your own, and then we'll see what we can do about it all...
10 LITTLE THINGS THAT ANNOY THE F--K OUT OF ME
- 10-mile-a-gallon SUV's with a slew of "I Support Our Troops" magnets plastered all over the back. These folks may be being ironic, but I don't think so.
- The use of the word "impact" instead of "affect", especially in news stories, or on NPR, where they should know better.
- Parents who obliviously block the aisle in the supermarket while having a serious discussion with their 2-year old about what kind of foreign cheese he'd like her to buy this week (an actual incident).
- The person behind you and in the lane to your left on the highway who just has to kick in the afterburners and get it up to 90 so they can get to the exit ahead of you.
- People who blame God for their own bigotry (as in "I have nothing against gay people, but God hates them").
- People who really believe that Fox News is fair and balanced.
- People who, when you say 'thank you", say "No Problem," instead of "You're welcome".
- People who begin a sentence by saying "Well, of course I've never heard/read/watched [insert name of music/show/book here], but..." and then proceed to criticize it.
- The fact that newspapers all seem to have fired their copy editors and now rely on spellcheck.