...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Correction

Earlier today I wrote a note questioning whether America is, as George Bush asserts, a nation at war. Having seen today's Mike Luckovich cartoon I stand corrected. Under George Bush, America certainly is a nation at war -we are at war with competence, science, education, free speech, morality, our children's economic future, and the Freedoms our ancestors fought and died for.

So I stand corrected.

Bush is on in just 8 hours. Is it too early to start drinking?

2 comments:

Mike said...

CC--I think you know what I am going to say here....It is never too early to start drinking. There is never really a need for anyone to ask that question again. I have answered it once and for all for everyone.

Personally, I can't wait to watch him stumble his way through another speech. I hope we have technical difficulties that allow us to see that he has been lip synching all along. Carl Rove is really the man behind the curtain pulling all the levers and doing all the talking.

Colonel Colonel said...

I can't watch him. I haven't actually watched him for about three years. I end up screaming at the tv, and I already do enough of that during baseball season.