...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mamas, Don't Let Your Daughters Grow Up to Be-


Professional pillow fighters.

In the Pillow Fight League.

That's "Sarah Bellum" over there...

Phoebe actually alerted me to this fast-growing new, uh, sport, the other day. All I can say is that I am constantly in awe of the new wonders the 21st century is bringing us, and I feel a warm glow at being able to share them with you all here at Mutterings, where I strive to bring cutting edge information to you on at least a semi-annual basis.

For anyone out there who is snickering right now, I can only say that there is something refreshing, in today's violent, chaotic world, about an organization whose motto is "Fight Like a Girl".

6 comments:

Mike said...

I have never been happier to be alive than I am at this point in history. And to think, the next event is happening in my own backyard. Well, that is if I was in my own backyard.

Forrest Proper said...

Mike- I'd think that a sporting event of this, uh, "magnitude", would call for some time off from work.

Phoebe Fay said...

They're a grand bunch of gals. Personally, I've got my money on Betty Clocker.

Forrest Proper said...

Could be a good bet, though she apparently lost to Champain. Sister Resistor looks mean too. Not as mean as Digit Jones, though...

Joey Polanski said...

I think a bettr motto woud be "Pop me one right in th cushion."

Forrest Proper said...

Joey- that's right, though most of these women are not all that well, um, padded. That's not to say they don't have nice 'seats'. And several of them are very nicely 'upholstered'.