...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yet More Bumper Sticker Sightings


It's Spring, and a new crop of bumper stickers has been sighted-


Impotence...Nature's way of saying "No hard feelings,"

The proctologist called ...they found your head.

Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted.

I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

WANTED: Meaningful overnight relationship.

Guys...just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to be one.

Some people just don't know how to drive... I call these people "Everybody But Me"

Don't like my driving? Then quit watching me.

Jesus loves you... but everyone else thinks you're an ass.

If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

Try not to let your mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

9 comments:

Phoebe Fay said...

Sunday funnies! Yay!

The Jesus one would go over big down in the Focus on the Family Land.

Catalyst said...

I love the Jesus one, too.

Mike said...

"So Many Pedestrians, So Little Time."

Sara Sue said...

"WANTED: Meaningful overnight relationship" that one's going to come in handy.

Anonymous said...

I know it's old news but I kinda like this.

Anonymous said...

My new fave:

Visualize Whirrled Peas

Cracks me up every time.

Forrest Proper said...

Phoebe & Catalyst- I loved that when I saw it!

Mike- we have a winner!

Sara- Saw six of those last Sunday in the church parking lot...

Reverend- beautiful! A few years ago I found a web page with a set of different stickers based on that theme. I'll have to find it again.

Kerstin- I like that one too- my cousin in California has one of those.

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Some of those are from the Maxine series.

Re: Oberth and Wernher, didn't you once post about the Tom Lehrer riff on von Braun?

J.A.P.

Forrest Proper said...

J.A.P.- That was probably me. I was humming it as I was typing this post the other day...

Gather 'round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun,
A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience.
Call him a Nazi, he won't even frown,
"Nazi, Schmazi," says Wernher von Braun.

Don't say that he's hypocritical,
Say rather that he's apolitical.
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.

Some have harsh words for this man of renown,
But some think our attitude
Should be one of gratitude,
Like the widows and cripples in old London town,
Who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun.

You too may be a big hero,
Once you've learned to count backwards to zero.
"In German und English I know how to count down,
Und I'm learning Chinese!" says Wernher von Braun.